Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Guest Blog from the New Montana Beef Ambassador


Papa. Grandpa. Rancher. Caretaker. Best friend.

All of these define my Papa.

The theme of the 83rd Annual Montana State Convention was "Leave a Legacy", as we headed home onSaturday, I couldn't help but think of the legacy my Grandpa passed on to me. He owned and operated the biggest ranch in the state of North Dakota. He was featured in theAmerican Hereford Journal multiple times. He taught me to appreciate all of theblessings I have been given. He taught me to work hard and make my cattle thebest they can be. As Papa approached the end of his life, he was diagnosed withALS. This disease didn’t have any effect upon his mind. Although papa had todiscontinue working with his cattle, he didn’t refrain himself from encouragingme to continue the legacy he had started. He would always involve himself in conversationsthat included ranching, cattle, or his favorite breed- Herefords. My papa truly left a legacy.      


                       
How are you leaving your legacy?


Proverbs 24:10

No comments:

Post a Comment