Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Allie's thoughts on Meatless Monday's



Meatless Mondays

I feel it is ironic that my issues response for the Montana Beef Ambassador contest was Meatless Mondays. I recently read an article in a local magazine encouraging the “importance” of Meatless Mondays. Turns out, the editor of the magazine happened to be a family friend. I immediately addressed this concern to her, stating that Meatless Mondays hurt the beef industry significantly. Respectfully, I explained to her the importance of beef and the great amount of nutrition in only a 3.5oz of steak. She politely replied stating that she has no intention of hurting the beef industry, she is only encouraging consumers to have a diverse diet throughout the week. I am still conversing with her about her Meatless Monday article, and I am trying to show her how much it would affect us, the beef producers. I learned many things from this situation. For example, I realized some folks don’t understand exactly what they stand up for or believe in, they just do because their peers believe in that same topic. Give this story a little thought! Just remember.... BEEF! It’s what’s for dinner!

-Allie Nelson

Senior Montana Beef Ambassador

1 comment:

  1. I would say a petite sirloin and eggs would be a yummy breakfast after my workout!! I better get working out!

    ReplyDelete