Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Steak? or Protein Powder?

Steak? or Protein Powder?

There is so much hype about the nutrition (or lack thereof) in beef. Should you just eat a huge juicy steak before a run or drink a protein shake? Is beef really all that it's cracked up to be? Let's consider a 6 ounce of steak and one-third cup of SFH Pure Whey Protein. The big juicy 6oz steak not only tastes delicious, but it provides 42 grams of protein. When we consider the protein powder, about 1/3 cup (equals to 1.056oz) provides 24 grams of protein. You sure can't forget to add in the sugar, stevia, and chocolate to the protein powder drink. Let's say you did not want to consume a 6 ounce juicy steak, you sure could eat a 4 ounce hamburger which provides 28 grams of protein, still better than the protein powder. Sadly, there is no scientific evidence which proves that the protein drink provides more nutrients than whole foods. Now, let's take a step away from the math equations and take a look at the newly conducted scientific experiments. Whole foods will stimulate metabolism and it will take more time to digest. This is known as the thermic effect accounting for the energy expended by our bodies to process and digest our food. There you have it, the facts, plain and simple. 

Now it's up to you to decide, Steak or Protein Powder? 
If I were you, I would choose Beef! It really is what's for dinner.

-Allie Nelson
Montana Beef Ambassador

3 comments:

  1. It’s expensive to buy from a natural food store ($40-45), but I found it online from Iherb for $27.97 and you can probably find it cheaper. Best Protein Powder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative blog. I was searching for something like this. your blog helped me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing. vega one protein

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete