Thursday, March 14, 2013

National Beef Contest!



I was blessed with the opportunity to travel to Sacramento, California and represent Montana in the National Beef Ambassador competition.  When people say “a chance of a lifetime,” they mean events like this.
Going to this competition changed my life and it gave me many great connections of future leaders in the beef industry. Even though I didn’t make the team, I met some of the movers and shakers of the agriculture world.
While in California my passion for agriculture, especially the beef industry, only improved. “Once a beef ambassador, always a beef ambassador,” Malorie Bankhead main topic when she spoke to us at dinner one night.  She made the team a few years ago and said not only did that year change her life but it changed her future.  Instead of sitting back and allowing PETA and HSUS to harass the industry its time we take a stand!  We need to share our stories and our lifestyle.  Farmers and ranchers in agriculture are passionate and we are real.
Rancher by day, father by life, little league coach by Saturday, we are just like everyone else except for the fact that our income is our lifestyle and we love to provide food for you and your family.

Malorie Bankhead, past National Beef Ambassador
Even though I didn’t make the team I have faith in the 5 kids that made the team. Not only are they passionate and bright they are eager to change the world and the future.  All of the kids who didn’t make the team impress me more than I thought.  These are the kids who will be influence in the beef industry without a title.  Let’s just say that as long as the future of Ag is in the hands off the 22 senior contestants who where in California then we as a beef industry have no need to worry or be concerned.
 The National Beef Ambassador Contest was a once in a lifetime and if I have anything to do with it, Montana will have a rep for many years to come. The Montana Cattlewomen and Beef Council along with Montana Stockgrowers and Lauren Chase and Rachel Endecott are the people I owe a thank you.  I am not sure where I would be without all of you, your fabulous people who push me to be the best me possible and thank you for having faith in me.  Your unconditional support and hard work is something that I will never forget.  I owe this experience to you; you have changed my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment